My MacBook Pro 4,1 doesn't want to load OS (can't find it) and displays the blinking folder with a question mark.

I have tried everything I found on the forums. Mac does recognise hdd. I could copy all file from my hdd to remote hdd using terminal. However still every time I boot it, it displays the blinking folder. After all attempts I formatted my hard drive and installed the Mac OS X Leopard. During the next start up, same thing happened, even though I can see using terminals that OS was installed, on my hdd.

P.S. Urgent! I really need help, as I have exams in two days, and the mac service in my city is closed now :/

What I have done, I installed Ubuntu on the CD and run SMART test, to see, if that's the hard drive which is calling this trouble. And it wasn't. No bad sectors, all tests passed, SMART says that the hard drive is absolutely fine.

So what is it then? Guys, help!

i think you change the location of the start up disk...if you change the start up disk, it blinks at start up and take a very long time to boot.
go to > preference if you are using OS X 10.4 start up disk and select the folder that showing (EXAMPLE MAC OS X 10.4.11 ON MACINTOSH HD) select the folder and restart. hope its helps...

I dont know if it happens to other people mac but mine whenever i delete file or data from my flash drive with me mac it leaves exactly the same size of the same files i deleted in a .Trash, _DStore plus how can i enable hidden files on mac OS X 10.4??

My MacBook Pro 4,1 doesn't want to load OS (can't find it) and displays the blinking folder with a question mark.

I have tried everything I found on the forums. Mac does recognise hdd. I could copy all file from my hdd to remote hdd using terminal. However still every time I boot it, it displays the blinking folder. After all attempts I formatted my hard drive and installed the Mac OS X Leopard. During the next start up, same thing happened, even though I can see using terminals that OS was installed, on my hdd.

P.S. Urgent! I really need help, as I have exams in two days, and the mac service in my city is closed now :/

your Hdd controller on the motherboard has an issue. i suggest taking it in for repair.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.