Hi,

I am a very new mac user. I was wondering how to move the cursor to the beginning and end of a text line. I tried to use home and end which apparently do not work as expected in a windows/linux system. Okay it works as expected in say word, but doesn't work the same in say firefox or acrobat. Even the command+left arrow works differently in different software. For instance, in adobe it moves to the previous page. Whereas for MS Word it works like home. Are there any command/keyboard shortcuts which works uniformly across all softwares?

Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Same trouble over here , there's no HOME or END key !

Same trouble over here , there's no HOME or END key !

I don't understand what you are saying. The home and end key are painfully enough in the standard place as in a PC keyboard but the keys are just dumb.

Hold down the control key and press left arrow for home - right arrow for the end. If you put your finger on the shift key AND control key, you can highlight left and right as well

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.