Hi,

I am a very new mac user. I was wondering how to move the cursor to the beginning and end of a text line. I tried to use home and end which apparently do not work as expected in a windows/linux system. Okay it works as expected in say word, but doesn't work the same in say firefox or acrobat. Even the command+left arrow works differently in different software. For instance, in adobe it moves to the previous page. Whereas for MS Word it works like home. Are there any command/keyboard shortcuts which works uniformly across all softwares?

Thanks.

Contributors
Replies
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by cardmagik

Same trouble over here , there's no HOME or END key !

I don't understand what you are saying. The home and end key are painfully enough in the standard place as in a PC keyboard but the keys are just dumb.

Hold down the control key and press left arrow for home - right arrow for the end. If you put your finger on the shift key AND control key, you can highlight left and right as well

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.