Hoping someone has seen this or can help.
Silver G-4 256k memory was freezing up while running then when I restart it gives me the ? mark. I disconnected the HD thinking that was the problem but when I boot from the CD it either freezes during boot-up or boots up but freezes very shortly after. Any suggestions?

Thanx,

John

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hello,

Boot the computer holding the shift key down. This will boot the computer without all of the extensions running. Let it go for a while -- hour or so. If you don't have any freeze up there, then it looks lilke you have an extension conflict.

Christian

Thanks, It was a HD problem that was intermetin and finally it just gave up.

I have a powerbook g4 and with it came os 9 disc. When I try to install classic I get a message telling me there is nothing to install. Even though it is not on my system . Can someone help me with this. I am a complete novice.

I have a powerbook g4 and with it came os 9 disc. When I try to install classic I get a message telling me there is nothing to install. Even though it is not on my system . Can someone help me with this. I am a complete novice.

?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.