If anyone could please help me I'd really appreciate it. I was a Windows user my whole life and just switched to a Mac and I'm not very familiar with how it works. I need to install some software for a new printer and a digital camera, but the installations require that my computer be restarted. Whenever it is automatically or manually restarted it freezes. The icons are gone and all that's left is my wallpaper and a grey bar across the top (sounds like another post I read on this forum). I have to shut down the computer and when I turn it back on the programs are not loaded. Is there anyway to fix this problem?

Thank you!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I forgot to mention that I'm using OS 9.0

Hello,

There is a system patch to go from 9.0 to something like 9.0.4, or perhaps, even to 9.1 You should move your OS up the path to get to 9.1 if possible.

CHristian

Hello,

There is a system patch to go from 9.0 to something like 9.0.4, or perhaps, even to 9.1 You should move your OS up the path to get to 9.1 if possible.

CHristian

I am trying to upgrade to 9.1, but the upgrade requires that my computer automatically restart. See the problem? :-| I don't know what to do.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.