I got a mac, becaus someone didn't want there's anymore. I'm used to Pc and I locked myself out of the computer. I can't get or do any thing without the adim. password and there are thecniques in win but are ther any on apple or am I just sol. another thing does anybody know shortcut keys. The Apple I have is a labtop Osx 10.1

Thanks
Jolly :!:

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

There sure is a technique :cheesy:

You just have to grab your OS X install CD stick it in the the drive. To boot off the CD you just turn it on and hold down the c key.

That can take some time to load depending on how fast your processor is. You'll see a screen that says "Preparing to install" and end up with it asking you to pick your region(country).

Instead of doing that go up to, I believe it's file on the menu bar. And there's the option to reset password. If it's not file then it will be one of the other 2 or three.

After picking reset password, you'll have to pick the proper volume, which should be the picture of a hard drive, then click on the username whose password you are changing.

Then all you have to do is type it out a couple of times and you should be done :)

Also, I'm thrilled for you. I've had my G3 400 for about 6 months, and LOVE it. I run OS X Jaguar 10.2.8 I really hope you have fun with your apple! What kind is it?

There sure is a technique :cheesy:

You just have to grab your OS X install CD stick it in the the drive. To boot off the CD you just turn it on and hold down the c key.

That can take some time to load depending on how fast your processor is. You'll see a screen that says "Preparing to install" and end up with it asking you to pick your region(country).

Instead of doing that go up to, I believe it's file on the menu bar. And there's the option to reset password. If it's not file then it will be one of the other 2 or three.

After picking reset password, you'll have to pick the proper volume, which should be the picture of a hard drive, then click on the username whose password you are changing.

Then all you have to do is type it out a couple of times and you should be done :)

Also, I'm thrilled for you. I've had my G3 400 for about 6 months, and LOVE it. I run OS X Jaguar 10.2.8 I really hope you have fun with your apple! What kind is it?

It's an iBook with word intergraded stuff but I have a IBM compatible desKtop and am more workable with those but these is awsome
:cheesy:
thanx

JOLLY

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.