I have a wireless network at home with an XP computer connected. All Linksys hardware. My wife just got an iMAC G5. She can get an Ethernet connection but cannot get a wireless connection. It will not accept the password that I know is valid. What could be the problem?
Thanks for any help. :o

I have a wireless network at home with an XP computer connected. All Linksys hardware. My wife just got an iMAC G5. She can get an Ethernet connection but cannot get a wireless connection. It will not accept the password that I know is valid. What could be the problem?
Thanks for any help. :o

I'm going to make a wild guess since you didn't give a lot of information.

When you try to connect to the network wirelessly a little box pops up and asks you for an encryption password. It prolly is defaulted to "WEP Password"

The first thing I would try would be to see if you can't pull that down as a menu and you should be able to choose from several types of passwords. like WEP Password, WEP 40/128, a couple others I can't remember off the top of my head.

So the first thing I would try would be to make sure that the type of security your using matches up with what you're telling the iMac to use.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.