Hey, guys, my first time here. I wanna know if there is any way to run windows on a MacBook.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

There's a few ways.

Firstly, there's Apple's own utility - Boot Camp. That will effectively allow you to switch between the two OS's when you boot up. You can read more about it here.

There's also a few third party solutions. These allow you to run Windows inside of OSX. VirtualBox and Parallels come to mind.

don't forget VMWare Fusion as another option.

Vbox is free for personal use, so you might want to start there.

Hey, guys, my first time here. I wanna know if there is any way to run windows on a MacBook.

There are several ways. Two questions come to mind. Do you want to reboot into windows, or do you want to have it open up as another window (money).
Bootcamp will let you do it for free, but you have to reboot into windows.You want the privilege of opening up a window for windows, its going to cost you. The two leading contenders are vmware fusion, and parallels 6. They both run at around $80, but I imagine you can easily find it cheaper somewhere. I really depends on who you talk to on which is better. Me, I say 6 of 1 and a half a dozen of the other.

May be run windows in Macbook but driver support to windows!

You can either use Boot Camp or VmWare.

But please take note that multitouch gestures will not work in Windows because it is not supported.

hi you can try using Bootcamp or Parallel Desktop but i suggest you use either Parallel DEsktop or VmWare which what crovax85 stated as bootcamp on mac crash easily. please backup your files using time machine in case you lost your data

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.