Hi there,
I'm trying to contact my niece in the UK, via webcam. She has a PC, a webcam and is using MSN, I have a Mac a webcam and am TRYING to use MSN.
Having just spent the time and money getting broadband and getting a webcam and getting MSN... I discover that MSN v5 is the only one that is available for a Mac and doesn't like my webcam. Or indeed, any webcam. Or Macs.
Apparently, I need to upgrade but can't seem to find the software I need.
Now, am I missing something here, or does that somehow really suck? Or should I just buy her a Mac for Christmas?
You'd think they'd be an easier option. There has to be a solution; and whatever it is, it isn't me buying a PC.
Any ideas?!!

Contributors
Replies
Views
11 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by avender

Hi there,

You can download alternate programs that will connect you to your MSN acount and will allowe you to use your webcam with any user...asuming you have the proper drivers n such/your mac recognizes your cam

I know of two programs
One of them is "Murcery messenger" http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/25617
and the other is "aMSN" http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/email_chat/amsn.html

Goodluck... and I would still suggest buying her a mac... windows is crap lol

Hi there,
I'm trying to contact my niece in the UK, via webcam. She has a PC, a webcam and is using MSN, I have a Mac a webcam and am TRYING to use MSN.
Having just spent the time and money getting broadband and getting a webcam and getting MSN... I discover that MSN v5 is the only one that is available for a Mac and doesn't like my webcam. Or indeed, any webcam. Or Macs.
Apparently, I need to upgrade but can't seem to find the software I need.
Now, am I missing something here, or does that somehow really suck? Or should I just buy her a Mac for Christmas?
You'd think they'd be an easier option. There has to be a solution; and whatever it is, it isn't me buying a PC.
Any ideas?!!

Try a free web-based camchat service like webcamnow (webcamnow.com). All you need is an up-to-date web browser. It's a good backup system in case MSN or AIM goes down.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.