Does anyone know if it is possible to create .exe files in Xcode? I need to turn in c files for a computer science class that I am taking, and the school uses windows computers yet I code on a mac. Any help with this question would be appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

You will likely need to install a Windows VM and compile the code there, or possibly install a Windows compiler on the Mac using Wine and build it with that. Personally, I have a real issue with CS programs that require Windows software for the class. Basically, it is a violation (IMHO) of common sense and scientific reasoning. AFAIC (as far as I'm concerned), unless the class is MS-specific, then it should allow / require the use of open source software.

Thanks for the info. I agree with you, its annoying that so many classes at my school are MS centric. I love open source and Mac software.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.