Can someone please tell me how to make Netscape my default browser? I use OS 10.3.9. The Mac Help is useless on this point. They only tell you how to make Safari the default.

Currently, Explorer is my default, but I obviously want to change that. Is there something I do within Explorer? I can't find the solution under Preferences. Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Can someone please tell me how to make Netscape my default browser? I use OS 10.3.9. The Mac Help is useless on this point. They only tell you how to make Safari the default.

Currently, Explorer is my default, but I obviously want to change that. Is there something I do within Explorer? I can't find the solution under Preferences. Thanks.

It's in Safari/Preferences/general

What Digger said:

Safari -> Preferences -. General tab -> "Default Web Browser" selectbar.

Edit, though I would advise against Netscape as a default browser. It's a bit bloated and out of date. Netscape 8 has been out for a LONG time now and still no OS X version, so 7.2 is languioshing further and further behind.

So, I would suggest either sticking with Safari (there's not much wrong with that), or trying Firefox, which is Netscape-like, but less bloated (for now).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.