Hi, I'm new here. I have this problem in the office. We have a dual processor G4, which does not start. All you get is a no entry sign on the monitor once you start it. We tried to troubleshoot it by swapping parts like the ram, hard disk, removing the external cd drive but this did not solve the problem. We also tried to boot it from the boot disk but it doesn't work. Previously, we had changed it processor and lessen it's RAM 256 since the other 256 got busted. Please can you help me. I'm desperate. Thank you so much

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi, I'm new here. I have this problem in the office. We have a dual processor G4, which does not start. All you get is a no entry sign on the monitor once you start it. We tried to troubleshoot it by swapping parts like the ram, hard disk, removing the external cd drive but this did not solve the problem. We also tried to boot it from the boot disk but it doesn't work. Previously, we had changed it processor and lessen it's RAM 256 since the other 256 got busted. Please can you help me. I'm desperate. Thank you so much

Hello.
Just saw your question. Hope you've gotten it repaired since you wrote this.
I don't know much on tower Macs, but it sounds like you have a monitor problem. assuming that you've tested that the monitor works properly, it sounds like you need a repair person to look at the machine itself. But I don't think the issue would come from bad RAM or an external drive of any kind. That just comes from my limited knowledge. Maybe somebody here knows better.

Good luck,
Dan

Need more info..

What version of OS X is it running?
Is it telling you to reboot in multiple languages?
Does it POST (Power On Self Test, aka, chime)?
Have you reseated the replaced processor?
Have you put the old processor back in?
Which model of G4 is it?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.