This website was working fine until sometime on Sunday when suddenly I got this message:

The connection has timed out

The server at www.activeboard.com is taking too long to respond.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

I have tried Firefox, Netscape, Explorer and Safari but it has a problem on each browser. I have been in touch with my ISP who have suggested a firewall problem. Ican't find anything like that. This website works anywhere else, but not this computer. So it can't be any of the things this message suggests.. Any ideas what I might be able to do in OS X 10.3.9 to resolve this? :confused:

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

It's entirely possible that you (your computer's IP) were banned from the site.

applejack

I've been having this same problem with my favorite message board website. I've talked to their admins and I haven't been banned and I'm the only person having the problem.......which has been happening for about 3 months now. I used to be on the site literally all day and then one day POOF it wouldn't connect and I would get the same message that the first person in this thread deals with as well.

I've tried to pull up the site on Firefox (which I use all the time), IE, Opera, and Netscape......still nothing. I've defragged, system restored, cleared cookies, ran anti-virus scans, and still my fav website won't come up!

Any suggestions..............serious suggestions please! lol

I've been having this same problem with my favorite message board website. I've talked to their admins and I haven't been banned and I'm the only person having the problem.......which has been happening for about 3 months now. I used to be on the site literally all day and then one day POOF it wouldn't connect and I would get the same message that the first person in this thread deals with as well.

I've tried to pull up the site on Firefox (which I use all the time), IE, Opera, and Netscape......still nothing. I've defragged, system restored, cleared cookies, ran anti-virus scans, and still my fav website won't come up!

Any suggestions..............serious suggestions please! lol

What's the site?

Also you may want to talk with your ISP. Mine bans certain P2P sites.

What's the site?

Also you may want to talk with your ISP. Mine bans certain P2P sites.

It was a regular industry message board.........no P2P involved.

But I read some other posts in other threads on here..........downloaded Spybot, unhooked every cable from my computer and modem, took a vicodin and a nap, and when I got back up VOILA! I can get back on after not being able to for 3 months!

Spybot is GREAT! It takes FOREVER to run, but I let it run all night while I slept.

It was a regular industry message board.........no P2P involved.

But I read some other posts in other threads on here..........downloaded Spybot, unhooked every cable from my computer and modem, took a vicodin and a nap, and when I got back up VOILA! I can get back on after not being able to for 3 months!

Spybot is GREAT! It takes FOREVER to run, but I let it run all night while I slept.

Glad you got it working again!
Spybot Search and Destroy? Yes, it catches stuff that Bit Defender and AdAware don't sometimes. I put all three on my girlfriend's Windows PC.
The vicodin probably helped the duration of the scan. :zzz:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.