Last time I was at Apple they did something so I got my gmail back on my phone. Since then, or maybe since my daughter set up an iCloud account, two things happen:

1. I get all my daughter's contacts and notes (which isn't a bad thing, she's a teenager and that info is good)... but why?

2. And the main thing: even if I add a contact in manually with a name and phone number (not entered with the 1+ in front of it), some time later they all disappear and are replaced with only the number plus the 1+ in front of it and no names so I have no idea who any one is.

3. I've reentered the names into the contacts when I've gotten a message or phone call from someone and still they go away again later the same way.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I get all my daughter's contacts and notes (which isn't a bad thing, she's a teenager and that info is good)... but why?

Ans.) Google / ICloud sync is active with contacts and notes sync option switched on(on both the phones i.e,yours and your daughter's iphone.)

And the main thing: even if I add a contact in manually with a name and phone number (not entered with the 1+ in front of it), some time later they all disappear and are replaced with only the number plus the 1+ in front of it and no names so I have no idea who any one is.
I've reentered the names into the contacts when I've gotten a message or phone call from someone and still they go away again later the same way.

Ans.) Please re-install your Ios software.

wel i think you must be deleting it manually and couldn't remember. You can't lost one by one contact unless you are delelting it manually. I know you might be getting angry but i think you need to cross otherwise you try using the recovery wizard.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.