Hello, how can you convince your mom to buy a mac notebook like a normal macbook air 11 inch or a macbook pro retina or not retina. Anyway, my grandfather (from my mom's side) baught a macbook pro retina display 15 inch that costs 1,600 US dollars to my cousin (From my dad's side). I love programming and I'm looking forward to be a software developer. I already own a macbook white 2009 edition but it lags so much and it is very slow. Everytime I try to program it lags. I keep on telling my mom but she just doesn't want to listen. I baught a samsung notebook windows 8 but it seems so laggy and I hate pc's so my dad wanted to take it to work. How can I ask my mom or convince my mom to buy a mac. In my previous report card I got 7 out of 7 in humanities, 7 out of 7 in spanish, 7 out of 7 in 4 diffrent subbjects. Over the last 4 months I never asked her to buy one, so can anyone help me ask her or persuade her.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Try to work out some sort of deal with her that if you succeed at your end of the deal, she will help you buy a new Mac.

I baught a samsung notebook windows 8 but it seems so laggy and I hate pc's so my dad wanted to take it to work.

If you have a PC, but hate Windows and want a good and performing development environment, then you should just install a Linux distribution on your PC. It will be much better, faster and nicer for development than a Mac, and much cheaper, obviously.

How can I ask my mom or convince my mom to buy a mac.

I'm not sure you really should. If your mom is the one who is supposed to have the money to buy it, then you have to respect her decision if she says no. You can do as rubberman suggested, try to struck some sort of deal (e.g., doing chores, getting it if you get good enough grades at the end of the year / semester, etc.).

let her know the benefits you are going to have once you have a mac of your desire.

Tell her that's because of your study ro work requirement.

Probably a bit late now, don't you think, as that was from NINE MONTHS ago...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.