Somehow a jpeg has turned into a picture clipping (OSX) and I can't do anything with it - will not import into Iphotos or Adobe or print. My jpegs are usually 450kb (digital photos) but this one has morphed into 2.6mb! All I want to do is print this photo. Can I get it back into a proper jpeg?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Double-click on the JPEG, and either choose "Copy" from the Edit menu, or after you open the file, drag-and-drop into another program.

Double-click on the JPEG, and either choose "Copy" from the Edit menu, or after you open the file, drag-and-drop into another program.

Thank you for your message. I duplicated the jpeg under Edit and had no success dragging or importing the jpeg into either Iphotos or Adobe Photoshop. I opened Appleworks and dropped it into there and was able to print the photo on my printer. However I don't think the file has changed any in form as the copy under Get Info still says that it is a picture clipping and is 2.6 MB and the icon for the photo still looks like a piece of paper with the corner folded, rather than the regular jpeg icon. Is there a translation program in OSX like there used to be in OS9? I can't find one.

Thank you for your message. I duplicated the jpeg under Edit and had no success dragging or importing the jpeg into either Iphotos or Adobe Photoshop. I opened Appleworks and dropped it into there and was able to print the photo on my printer. However I don't think the file has changed any in form as the copy under Get Info still says that it is a picture clipping and is 2.6 MB and the icon for the photo still looks like a piece of paper with the corner folded, rather than the regular jpeg icon. Is there a translation program in OSX like there used to be in OS9? I can't find one.

So since this last posting I dragged the picture into Microsoft Works and could see the picture. I sent it to someone else as an e-mail attachment and they couldn't open it. How on earth do I get this photo operable again. This photo is special since it is of a friend who died at Christmas, in his forties. It's the only good photo of him.

I know Photoshop 7 can use Picture Clippings.

1. On your desktop double-click the Picture Clipping
2. Go up to Edit - Copy
3. Open Photoshop then open a new File (File - New...)
4. Edit - Paste.
5. You should then be able to File - Save As... then pick the file format you want.

I know Photoshop 7 can use Picture Clippings.

1. On your desktop double-click the Picture Clipping
2. Go up to Edit - Copy
3. Open Photoshop then open a new File (File - New...)
4. Edit - Paste.
5. You should then be able to File - Save As... then pick the file format you want.

Thank you! I think that worked! It attached as a photo in an e-mail after saving as a jpeg as per your instructions so I'll hear back if it worked. Then I can get the darn picture printed! Thank you!

Thank you! I think that worked! It attached as a photo in an e-mail after saving as a jpeg as per your instructions so I'll hear back if it worked. Then I can get the darn picture printed! Thank you!

Well, it worked! It's a jpeg for real, it e-mailed and all is back. Thankyou!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.