could someone please tell me how to put movies, ones i own(dvd) and ones from the internet on my new ipod? please help!! i am not good at this stuff. will it be too hard, should i return it? thanks, :rolleyes:

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

The simple answer is, you can't. The video ipods were never meant to play DVDs that supposed to be the next gen ipods. As for movies off the internet you may be able to put them on your ipod provided that they are in the correct format but as most "Pirate" movies that you download off the internet are in AVI format you are going to need to get an AVI to mpeg-4 converter and convert the movies second for second and then put them onto your ipod

great. i was told by the sales person it could too. guess i will return it. thanks

Well you really can, it's just not factorable, considering that the battery life definitely wouldn't last the entire movie.

This is the converter (That lasher mentioned) that I use:

http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/iPod/

Their are wispers about the next Gen Ipods being able to play DVDs and having the whole thing as just one touch screen so you may want to hold out until then and see what happens

Their are wispers about the next Gen Ipods being able to play DVDs and having the whole thing as just one touch screen so you may want to hold out until then and see what happens

Nope. But it's still cool. :)

As for ripping DVDs for iPod, I use Handbrake. It has a special DVD-to-iPod mode, which will alllow you to quickly rip DVDs.

For converting videos, I use FFMpegX. It's basically a GUI wrapper for lots of Unix tools, so you can easily convert videos downloaded from the Internet to iPod. For videos that don't work on FFMpegX, I use iSquint. This one's really easy to use.

Im lost how does a link to the current generation ipod disprove the wispers about the next gen ipod?

Im lost how does a link to the current generation ipod disprove the wispers about the next gen ipod?

It's because yesterday, Apple just unveiled the new iPod. And you posted before the new iPod was unveiled, so you were wrong. :)

(Although there may still be a widescreen version coming.)

ahhh ok i diddnt notice that. Im kind of irritated that they diddn't get the wide screen ones in the end because i was going to upgrade from my 3rd Gen to one of those. I am not to sure if it is going to be worth it to get one of the new 80gb ones now or to just buy a big external hard drive with 3-4X as much room as the 80gb ipod

Nope. But it's still cool. :)

As for ripping DVDs for iPod, I use Handbrake. It has a special DVD-to-iPod mode, which will alllow you to quickly rip DVDs.

For converting videos, I use FFMpegX. It's basically a GUI wrapper for lots of Unix tools, so you can easily convert videos downloaded from the Internet to iPod. For videos that don't work on FFMpegX, I use iSquint. This one's really easy to use.

Instead of using Handbrake, which is designed for many things and not just iPod video, use Instant Handbrake. It is made by the same guy, and designed just for video iPods and PSPs.

http://handbrake.m0k.org/

Dave

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.