I have a Netgear WGT624 Wireless Firewall Router and a WG511T Wireless PC Card. At the time I bought them theywere sold as a set and I was told that they were compatible with the MAC.

I have no problem getting the router up and working.

The problem that I have is getting the card installed on my power book. I plug it in and get the power light, but what do you use to get the mac to recognize the card? What to you need to configure it? How do I get the card to talk to the router?

I guess the first question I should ask, is the WG511T compatible with the mac? Or will I need someother card to work with the router.

JOE

Hello, Joe. :)

I guess the first question I should ask, is the WG511T compatible with the mac? Or will I need someother card to work with the router.

Yes, it's compatible with Mac. But I believe you need a special driver first.

The problem that I have is getting the card installed on my power book. I plug it in and get the power light, but what do you use to get the mac to recognize the card? What to you need to configure it? How do I get the card to talk to the router?

First download this shareware driver:
http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/22297

If it's detected properly, all you need to do is open up System Preferences, click on "Network", and see if it says "AirPort". If so, you're in luck, and can connect to your router via the menubar. If not, try rebooting the machine with the card in and try again.

Hope this helps

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.