Is there any way to appear offline and send an instant message to someone on Mac Messenger 6.2? My friend uses a PC and he's able to send me messages whilst he is offline but I can't reply to them :( It's pretty grim :eek:

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

As far as I know, you have to be invisible mode, and there's limitations to what you can do with that. Perhaps use a different messenger?

And really, what does it matter?

As far as I know, you have to be invisible mode, and there's limitations to what you can do with that. Perhaps use a different messenger?

And really, what does it matter?

Invisble mode? Don't you mean 'offline' mode?

It's a matter of convenience more than anything. Sometimes when I'm online I'm bombarded with silly unwanted msgs, I don't really want to block people. It would be great to have the option of appearing offline yet being able to converse with whom you please...

Invisble mode? Don't you mean 'offline' mode?

Just checked now, ah yes it's "Appear Offline" mode for MSN Messenger. (It's usually "invisible" on my other messengers.)

If that mode doesn't work for you, there's not much else you can do, aside from switching to a different messenger.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.