If you lost your master password, it can be easily reset. I can get it done for you no problem. E-mail me at (Deleted) <Please keep things on this site.>

Recommended Answers

All 20 Replies

Let me know if you lost your master password here

That is considering you do not have filevault turned on. I have not looked into that matter yet.

Let me know if you lost your master password here

hi. i lost my master password. plz tell me how to reset it. email me at <snipped- keep it on site please>

~doormatt

I am not sure if I helped you already or not. IF not then here it is:

1. Log-in to an Administrator's account
2. Delete the file /Library/Keychains/FileVaultMaster.keychain
3. Go under System Preferences and specify a new Master Password

I should probably keep a list of my clients.

I hope you can help, I've forgotten my Keychain password. (Not a real problem, I just have post-its all over my monitor ;) Just to be clear: The only file in my Keychains folder is "login.keychain". So I delete the file & set a new password?

Your login keychain password should be your user password. If it is not, look under one of the menus for a keychain repair thing. Don't delete it! That's just for the master and it is in a different location.

If you lost your master password, it can be easily reset. I can get it done for you no problem. E-mail me at (Deleted) <Please keep things on this site.>

Hi, i have lost my master password for my Mac, how can I get it reset?

can you please help me with this like ok i bought this mac on ebay and like he didnt give me the password for the account so now i cant use it with out a password so is there a master password or something can you please help me :[ my email is <snipped-keep it onsite please> please help!

lol. This thread has a problem with snipped this and cut that. I have a site with information all about it, but they owuld snip it, so I'll just tell you:

1. Insert the Mac OS X Install disk
2. Restart your computer
3. On boot-up, hold down the "c" key after you hear the chime
4. Release the key when you see a language pane
5. Select your language and hit the arrow
6. Use the password reset utility under "Utilities" to reset a user's password
7. Having done that, restart the computer again without holding down the "c" key.
8. Log-in

That's for user password. You might try just re-installing Mac OS X like that.

lol. This thread has a problem with snipped this and cut that. I have a site with information all about it, but they owuld snip it, so I'll just tell you:

What would you have us do then? Send everyone who comes to Daniweb for help to another site?
The idea of a public forum is so that questions can be asked and answered within the thread. That way, not only does the OP benefit, but anyone else with similar problems can be helped also :).

commented: Excellent points that should seem obvious to the original poster. +5

I know, I was just playing on the fact that you can see so manny <removed> things. I understand completely why you want to keep things on this site.

What would you have us do then? Send everyone who comes to Daniweb for help to another site?
The idea of a public forum is so that questions can be asked and answered within the thread. That way, not only does the OP benefit, but anyone else with similar problems can be helped also.

I give links to solutions that I found on another website when I'm not familiar with the process that the solution uses myself. Copying or even rewording a solution for which I have not written (and can't verify) I would almost see as plagiarism. Obviously this is very subjective, but I don't believe I should take credit for someone else's work.

Yes, so do I, but I was replying more in reference to the use of swapping emails in order to resolve the problems instead of keeping it public :).
Lomoco did state that he had a site listing all the required info.

And this won't harm or delete your files at all, right?

>And this won't harm or delete your files at all, right?
No.

I wanted to know whether or not I can still get in , if I had lost my master password. And if I am able to use a different Install Disc to restart with , the install disc is from an Imac All-in-one ..? Does this matter ..?

Thanks it worked took alot of work but worked.

I really need ur help. I purchased a emac from a women in the neighborhood and she said she forgot the administrator/overall password. I do not have a mac keyboard either so that when it reboots i can press and hold command + s. And I do not have any Discs.

I recommend you contact the emac manufacturer to see if they can help.

no need for all the emails!!
simple..

if you forgot you master password and want to reset it!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.