I confess I dont know anything about MAC. Can anyone say what are the differences between Mac and Windows. Which is the better one?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Let me state, with unbiased opinion, that neither Mac or PC is better. Macintosh computers tend to be more innovative, but most of the world runs on Windows. (When you've bought IBMs since '81, and don't want a tiny Mac screen like released in '84, you'll stick with IBM-compatible hardware.)

Apple seems to attract a very dedicated following, in fact, there's still active forums and mailing lists for the Apple Newton, a PDA apple stopped producing in 1998.

Hello,

The easy answer according to me: Macs are superior in quality of hardware, and design of the operating system. They work very well for me, and for the folks that I support, but they are just computers!

The better question is to ask your self what you want your computer to do. Do you want a nice all around computer to play music, to surf the web, to do your homework, and your banking? Macs will work fine with less headaches.

Do you need to run specialized software that deals with artwork and publishing? Macs.

Do you want to run games? Windoze. Do you want to work with specialized applications in industry to control machines (such as a machine shop), or specific cad applications? Windoze. Do you want to dance with the Devil and dare viral infection, and other OS related headaches? Windoze.

Windoze hands down is the most popular OS on Earth. But then again, using that arguement, there are more insects on the planet than human beings. Which would you rather be?

If you have intel hardware around, give Linux a try. If you are in a position that you need to buy a new computer, then go a few places and do some hands on stuff while thinking. It will boil down to personal choice, and how easy it is for you to do things.

Apple has a very very dedicated following. There is no question of brand loyalty there.

You might get dismayed walking into Best Buy or Circuit City, and not finding a lot of Mac products there. Do not despair; online warehouses MacMall, MacWarehouse, and CDW will be happy to take your order online, and you will not need to look for a parking spot. Data conversion issues? Macs will read Windoze disks, and there may be a conversion program available (Word Perfect 5.1 DOS converting into Appleworks).

Today's Macintosh is running OS X, and it is UNIX with a very nice smooth front end on it. OS X is not perfect, but it is stable, secure, and friendly. Don't believe me? Look at the Security forum here on DaniWeb and all the fun stuff that the Windows folks are dealing with. You will see some things here, but not nearly the sheer volume.

Hope this helps,

Christtian

I confess I dont know anything about MAC. Can anyone say what are the differences between Mac and Windows. Which is the better one?

Windows is an operating system for PC's like Dell and Gateway.
Panther is an operating system for Mac computers.

They are both very useful but it sometimes depends on which one you know better. One thing I don't like about Panther is that it doesn't have the (right-click) preferences option like Windows.

I hope some of this helps..

One thing I don't like about Panther is that it doesn't have the (right-click) preferences option like Windows.

Not true at all. The right-click is a Control-click (control on the keyboard, click the mouse) if you have a single button mouse. There are plenty of multi-button mice that work out of the box with OS X.

Hello,

I have yet to see a USB multibutton mouse fail on a Macintosh. I have one here from HP, another from Microsoft, and some with the wheely thing, and some not. All work just fine as expected.

Some of OS 9 software picked up on right-clicking too. Not all, but some.

Christian

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.