Hay i was wondering if you can put like word from a window computer on a iBook thanks

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

no you need to get a mac version if theres one

Well, you can put it on a Mac, it just won't run. :-)

Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac is the latest version available (there's supposedly a new one for the Intel platform being developed right now, but haven't heard much more than that).

i think you can get openoffice for the mac though. Its pretty good but doesnt work with the 2007 format documents and doesnt do MS access

i think you can get openoffice for the mac though. Its pretty good but doesnt work with the 2007 format documents and doesnt do MS access

OpenOffice for Mac is basically a Darwin binary of the Unix source code. There shouldn't be any functional differences between OO for Mac and OO for, say, Linux.

OO is developed as cross platform, so apart from some OS-Standard menus/buttons, its practically the same on all platforms.

how can it be

printing etc.... is not standard

how can it be

printing etc.... is not standard

If you mean that it doesn't use the standard Mac OS X print dialog, then yes, you are correct. I believe it uses the same print interface as any Unix program would, though (which works fine).

i mean, how does it know to use the windies printer subsystems, cups, lpr , whatever?

wouldnt that involve rewriting a lot

i mean, how does it know to use the windies printer subsystems, cups, lpr , whatever?

wouldnt that involve rewriting a lot

If you think in perspective with the whole O-O Project, then a re-write for printing is only a small percentage of the code.

big rewrite? maybe, if its one person, but for a large project like this?, not really, not compared to everything else.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.