please can anyone help me with this one!!??!!!

i am using an external USB ISDN device (draytek mini vigor 128) to connect to the internet with os 10.3.3 on my PB G4 15''.

once the computer has been put to sleep and a couple of mins later opened up again - i can wait for it to crash once i try to connect to the internet. and i mean BLACK-Screen. this is not an occasional thread, but a frequent one. i have to reboot cos the system tells me too!

i would appreciate some advice! i's driving me mad!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi,

I am thinking your computer doesn't like to sleep with the ISDN attached. Remove the USB cable, and try your steps a few times. Write back and let us know,

Christian

First thing I would do is update to OS 10.3.5. I had a similar problem when I plugged my mobile phone into the usb port of my iBook. Updating to the latest OS fixed that.

The second thing I would do is make sure you have the latest driver for the vigor (2.6) which you can get here:

http://www.draytek.com/english/support/download/miniVigor128mac.php

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.