Hi, I've tried to install Adobe Reader 7 for Mac, and twice after waiting the hour it took to install the manager, it said the file could not be downloaded because it's corrupted. Any thoughts? Thanks. Terrie

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

It took an hour to install the Adobe Manager? Are you not on broadband, by any chance?

And here you are again!!

No, I have NetZero Dial Up, I can't afford anything else right now. You should know that you are communicating with a great-grandmother on a fixed income! Thanks again! Terrie

No worries. There could be a million reasons for corruption. It could be a problem at the Adbove site it's sucking info off of, it could be a problem with NetZero (unlikely), or it could be noise on your phone line that is corrupting the file(s).

Not much you can do in this case. Your options are:
Try the broadband version. It'll take MUCH longer to download, but it'll download it all in one piece.
Find a friend/public computer space with broadband, invest in a USB flash drive, and download it there, plop it on your USB flash drive, and carry it home.

Thanks. You truly are a "Posting Whiz." Terrie

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.