I recently bought Mac OS 10.4 (in Denmark) and the salesman told me that if I installed Mac OS 10.4 single user license on more than one computer, I would not be able to access the Internet from both computers at the same time. Is it really true that Apple keep all honest users under surveillance to insure that nobody uses Tiger unauthorized? If so how is that technically possible?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I recently bought Mac OS 10.4 (in Denmark) and the salesman told me that if I installed Mac OS 10.4 single user license on more than one computer, I would not be able to access the Internet from both computers at the same time. Is it really true that Apple keep all honest users under surveillance to insure that nobody uses Tiger unauthorized? If so how is that technically possible?

heheheheh Somebody is telling stories to keep you honest. Which you should be, since OS X costs less than 1/2 of Windows XP pro.

Yeah, this isn't true. But installing 1 version of OS X on multiple computers isn't legal. It's a violation of the End User License Agreement (which you implicitly agree to when you install OS X).

Yes, and let's not forget how good Apple has been to us, we'll never get to Leopard if we start gypping them :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.