accidently clicked a button twice, resulting in MAC read the command as in download the file.

forced to quit the process, but the file is now on desktop, can not be moved nor deleted, the message says the file is currently used by another task right now, such as moving, copying etc.

how do i delete this file ? please help :cry:

please email solution to usagiprincess@hotmail.com

thanks

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

accidently clicked a button twice, resulting in MAC read the command as in download the file.

forced to quit the process, but the file is now on desktop, can not be moved nor deleted, the message says the file is currently used by another task right now, such as moving, copying etc.

thanks

try restarting ?

I have had what sounds like a similar problem before where I could not eject or trash a file. I have had luck with shutting down the machine and re-starting.

I have had what sounds like a similar problem before where I could not eject or trash a file. I have had luck with shutting down the machine and re-starting.

if it comes down to it boot into safe mode and remove the file , problem solved :)

restart the Mac didnt work :cry: :cry: :cry:

if it comes down to it boot into safe mode and remove the file , problem solved :)

for MAC OS X into safe mood ?

how do u do that ?

for MAC OS X into safe mood ?

how do u do that ?

lmao i really thought i was in the windows section >.< sorry

thanks

Try repairing permission using the disk utility, then reboot, if the file is still being used after reboot, i would think it is being read by an item in your startup items. Check you startup items in you 'accounts' preferneces.

It's very important to carefully follow these directions:

Open /Applications/Utilites/Terminal
Type in:

sudo rm -f

Please note, there is a space after the -f, then from the Finder, click and drag the file that you cannot remove into the Terminal window. The absolute path to the file will then be automagically added to the command. Hit return. Enter your admin password.

Bye bye file that won't go away.

Hello,

OS X does have a "safe mode". It is triggered with a keyboard sequence, of which I need to go look up and get back to you with.

Christian

OS X does have a "safe mode". It is triggered with a keyboard sequence, of which I need to go look up and get back to you with.

Boot holding down Shift.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.