I’ve been an apple user for years, and gradually get familiar with apple software and hardware’s characters. Though I still out line of buying an iPad from apple shop, but I can’t wait to fancy playing my DVD movies upon iPad. I know that I should get a converter or ripper or the stuff like this, and I know it well. As always, I consult google for a while and get Handbrake finally.

http://www.winxdvd.com/resource/convert-dvd-to-mp4-with-handbrake-for-mac.htm

With the step-by-step tutorial above, I quit to conclude a how-to article about how to use Handbrake since I am a fresh too. Otherwise, I note something that not that favorable as I thought before.

1. I'm trying to recode a blue Ray rip that is in h.264 format. I have got this to work on a bunch of DVD rips but for some reason the sound and video are there but they are not overlapping, surely they also call this A/V out of Sync.
2. Handbrake will NOT be able to convert individual video files saved on a DVD-ROM.
3. I noticed that while encoding Alice in Wonderland (not a great movie) that my CPU was being totally used up by Handbrake. I am on a new MacBook (Snow Leopard 10.6).
And maybe these are not a big deal comparing with other software. But I still give a wish to the update of Handbrake or something that alternative to HB.

Try Evom to recode video files, e.g FLV or AVI (XVid or DivX) to MP4

've found Handbrake to be the best for Ripping DVDs. It will use all of your CPU if it's spare. If you're doing other things, it'll fight for processor time, but will work fine with other apps.

Wow, I was looking for exactly this piece of software to help me, thanks for sharing.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.