Hello.
I talked with Apple and Charter (my isp) about this to no avail.
My father sent some .jpgs in varying sizes, averaging around 400-700 Kb. I forwarded a 632 Kb image (actually 403 Kb on my desktop) back to him and to myself. His was rejected by his isp for being too large for his service. Mine came through, but it's size was now 4.5MB! Quite a leap in size. My father uses Incredimail and I just use 'Mail' on my eMacs.
Charter says they've had problems with Incredimail.
But nobody has any answers other than to remove the images and send them. I'd like to be able to just forward them, but can't.
Any ideas or answers would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Danarchy
eMac 1Ghz 1024 RAM OSX 3.8

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

This is because Incredimail uses an HTML background, as viewed on a text email platform, all of the HTML and images are part of the message ( hince the extra file sizes above the jpg size ).

This is because Incredimail uses an HTML background, as viewed on a text email platform, all of the HTML and images are part of the message ( hince the extra file sizes above the jpg size ).

Thanks!
Apple and Charter had an idea it was because of Incredimail. But wasn't sure why. This makes perfect sense.
Thanks again.

Danarchy.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.