First of all I do not want to start a argument about which is better the real thing or you you make yourself. I am trying to pick hardware for a mac box and I want to make sure the hardware will be compatible before I drop a bunch of cash.

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R
HIS Radeon HD 6970 2GB
Intel Coreā„¢ i7-960
OCZ Agility 3 Series SATA III Solid State Drive
Patriot Extreme Performance Viper II Sector 7 Series DDR3 6GB
Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard

From the research i have done, the video card sounds like the hardest part in getting a system like this to work. But i read that with the 'Mac OS X v10.6.7 Update for early 2011 MacBook Pro' it gave native support for the AMD Radeon HD 6970 Device ID 0x6718. Does this mean that as long as that patch is installed it will work properly. Or will there be other complications?

jingda commented: Illegal topic -2

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Are you wanting to install mac on a windows. If that is the case that is illegal and not allow here in this forum.

That is a common misconception. I will be buying a copy of the Snow Leopard operating system, it does not matter where it is installed. The only downside is I would not be eligible for their customer care.

Quoted from the Snow Leopard EULA

"you are granted a limited non-exclusive license to install, use and run one (1) copy of the Apple Software on a single Apple-branded computer at a time. You agree not to install, use or run the Apple Software on any non-Apple-branded computer, or to enable others to do so."

Sorry, but discussions involving the deliberate violation of the EULA are not permitted on DaniWeb.

Thread closed.

commented: I thought i reported the thread and it will get deleted. Seems i am wrong. lol +9
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.