Hi folks. Back with a problem. It was freezing more than it should. So I cleaned out the hard drive.I installed from a CD 8.06 system which was an older system than I had been using. No G3.It seems to boot up ok but I notice there is no program showing on the drive. I saved the program from the other system. My question is how do I install the program folder? Any help would be appreciated. Regards, Norm. :-|gray

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

You can probably just try copying them to the hard drive and launching them. That's how a well-behaved Mac application should work. If you get errors or something, you'll likely have to install the program from the original media, because the installer might need to place extensions in a folder, or something.

You can probably just try copying them to the hard drive and launching them. That's how a well-behaved Mac application should work. If you get errors or something, you'll likely have to install the program from the original media, because the installer might need to place extensions in a folder, or something.

Hi Alex, thank you for your reply. It might sound dumb but I have tried copying the folder to hard drive nothing seemed to happen. When you say launching them how exactly do I do this. I have tried down loading Outlook Express 5 Mac version but the Computer does not want to open the installer. If you can help it would be appreciated. Regards.Norm. :sad:

Launching just means double clicking it.

Are you sure that OE version was right for your Mac? I'd be surprised that Microsoft would still offer anything for pre OS X systems.

Launching just means double clicking it.

Are you sure that OE version was right for your Mac? I'd be surprised that Microsoft would still offer anything for pre OS X systems.

Thanks Alex, I will try that. I am beginning to think I have a hard drive proplem. Regards. Norm.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.