I just want to share what free software I use to convert DVD movies for playing on my new iPad Air, that is macx free dvd to ipad ripper.

This program is totally free. It has the direct preset for iPad and can convert any DVD to iPad with just four steps: launch the program and the insert the Despicable Me 2 DVD into the dvd drive of computer; choose iPad as the output profile, and then begin the DVD to iPad conversion. It also has the functions of trimming, cropping, merging and adding subtitle to video, as well as extracting music and picture from DVD video.
Some software claim to be free, yet are limited in either features, or are time-limited trials. But this program is really free. I think you can try it if you are looking for such free program. Anyway, we know that there are many other free apps, like Handbrake (many people use it), it's your decision. Just let's share our experience and finally choose the best one.

You may take a look at this download list, it collects 6 free DVD Video to iPad Converter for Windows and Mac, they are totally free without any limitation and watermakr. I'm sure you will find one to convert DVD to iPad. I personally prefer to using format factory.

http://www.dvdtoipadripper.com/free-dvd-video-to-ipad-converters.html

Hope it helps. Feel free to email me if you need further help.

I'd prefer DVDAid on my iMac. Other freeware always failed to read all my tittles.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.