Hi All,
I am running into a major mac problem this afternoon. I logged out of my Mac last night and came today, no login page! All I see is a semi-blue screen. I restarted my Mac a few times, without any success.
Please, someone advice me on what I should do next? I can't stay all day without a Mac :)

~bill

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

that's strange, i never heard of that happening. have you tried just restarting?

also what mac is it?

Hi All,
I am running into a major mac problem this afternoon. I logged out of my Mac last night and came today, no login page! All I see is a semi-blue screen. I restarted my Mac a few times, without any success.
Please, someone advice me on what I should do next? I can't stay all day without a Mac :)

~bill

OK, first try holding down the power button on your Mac. Every Mac has one. When it hits the blue screen, hold it down for approxmiately 5 seconds. Wait a minute, and try booting again.

If this doesn't solve it, try holding down the Option key as you boot. You'll get a list of hard drives to boot from, so if you only have one hard drive, just hit return. (if you have more, just use the arrow keys to select the right one.)

Still no go? Dig out your OS X CD, insert it, and hold down the C key while booting your computer. You'll get the Tiger (or whatever version of OS X you have) setup screen. Hit next, and from the Utilities menu, select Disk Utility. Try repairing the disk with the built in features. If this doesn't work, I'm afriad you'll have to reinstall Tiger. You can still backup your hard drive, though.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.