I just upgraded to a g4 with os x 10.2.8
Hooked up an external sony dvd cd burner but it won't work.
Yet in the apple profiler it says it's there.
Everytime i try to burn i get a dialog box saying no device to burn or no burner found. Would appreicate some help here, as i find osx
a lot different from 8.6:rolleyes:

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hooked up an external sony dvd cd burner but it won't work. Yet in the apple profiler it says it's there.
Everytime i try to burn i get a dialog box saying no device to burn or no burner found.

Could you provide the exact model of the burner? Also, what exactly does the Apple System Profiler say about the drive? For example, in my MacBook I have a internal combo drive. In System Profiler, it shows up under Hardware->Disc burning. It then says the following info about the drive:

MATSHITA CD-RW CW-8221:

Firmware Revision: GA0H
Interconnect: ATAPI
Burn Support: Yes (Apple Shipped/Supported)
Cache: 2048 KB
Reads DVD: Yes
CD-Write: -R, -RW
Burn Underrun Protection CD: Yes
Write Strategies: CD-TAO, CD-SAO, CD-Raw
Media: No

Yours should say something similar.

Would appreicate some help here, as i find osx a lot different from 8.6:rolleyes:

Yes, the jump to OS X is a big one, especially if you've never even used OS 9. I hope you like OS X's added features and stability, and catch on quickly to the new interface ;).

the sony is DVD RW DW-Q120A
THE PROFILE SAYS MUCH THE SAME , ONLY WITH THE
THIS ADDED, PYS1 CYPRESS AT2LP RC7

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.