Hi,

Am looking at upgrading from Tiger to Leopard. Would be really grateful if anyone can tell me the difference between a media and retail license for a single user.

Jac

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hi,

I'm not quite sure what you mean. There are only two licenses for the regular (non-server) version of Mac OS X Leopard: single user and family pack, the only difference being that the family pack license allows you to install Leopard on up to five computers, whereas single user is only for one computer.

Hi,

I'm not quite sure what you mean. There are only two licenses for the regular (non-server) version of Mac OS X Leopard: single user and family pack, the only difference being that the family pack license allows you to install Leopard on up to five computers, whereas single user is only for one computer.

Many thanks for your reply. When looking for Leopard on the web I was a bit confused with the following ad:

Type: Operating Systems
Sub-Type: MAC OS X 10.5, Leopard
Product Name: MAC OX 10.5 Leopard
Brand: Apple
Operating System: MAC OS X 10.5, Leopard
Licence Details: Media Only
Number of Licences: --
Media Type: DVD
Condition: New

for that particular media u have only one lic. basically u have a lic for the media u bought

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.