Hi all;

Weirdest thing has happeend to me today. I removed an application called Magnifique, http://magnifiqueapp.com, that is for Skinning OSX.

I removed the application by dropping it into the Trash, then flushing it, then I went into /Library/Application Support/Magnifique and I removed the magnifique folder.

I rebooted, then when I logged in, I cannot Drag and Drop. I cannot move any of the icons in the desktop, I cannot move things from images, into my apps folder... I cannot even drag and drop, bookmarks into firefox. I tried copy and paste (or cut and paste) and while I can cut or copy, I can't Paste, the option to paste just doesnt show up for me.

My Windows 7 Bootcamp Partition works flawlessly, and this error is not replicated there...

Can someone help me figure this out, without having to re-install everything all over again?

Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Did you try using the 'Uninstall' option in Magnifique? Uninstall the theme {s} it had applied, then try rebooting..

~dXm

No. I did a manual uninstall... Someone recommended doing an Archive and Install of OSX, so I did it and it fixed my problem.

Did you try using the 'Uninstall' option in Magnifique? Uninstall the theme {s} it had applied, then try rebooting..

~dXm

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.