Trying to download basic games and programs from websites such as Download.com, macupdate, macgamer and even Apple without any success. After clicking download button, the address will change in the window and then loop back to the download page. The msg that seems to come up the most is :

html//private/tmp/501/temporary%20.items/._ .SD plugin helper .html

Completely annoying as I am a novice to say the least.

Any suggestions?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

What Browser are you using to do this? try reinstalling it from your system disks.

Trying to download basic games and programs from websites such as Download.com, macupdate, macgamer and even Apple without any success. After clicking download button, the address will change in the window and then loop back to the download page. The msg that seems to come up the most is :

html//private/tmp/501/temporary%20.items/._ .SD plugin helper .html

Completely annoying as I am a novice to say the least.

Any suggestions?

I've got exactly the same problem and I don't know why.
It happens when I try to download from the same website you mentionned but only when I use the "admin session". So far the only solution I've found is to download from an other "session" into the "/users/shared" (/utilisateurs/partagés) folder. sorry if I didn't make myself clear but I'm french.
If some one knows more about this matter. thanks. :D

I had the same problem, but I fixed it. The .SD_Helper thing is from Speed Download, which you seem to have download. There's an uninstall app in the Speed Download folder, or you can do it yourself by deleting the SD Preferences files.

I had the same problem, but I fixed it. The .SD_Helper thing is from Speed Download, which you seem to have download. There's an uninstall app in the Speed Download folder, or you can do it yourself by deleting the SD Preferences files.

Thanks, I've thrown away everythings that had to do with "speed download"
:cheesy: and everything's working fine again. thanks again ;)

Hello,

Sounds like "Stuck Download" to me. I avoid products that try to promise compression or faster download rates. The amount of bandwith that you have is what you got, and unless your compression scheme is better than .zip or .gz or .sit, you are going to add bytes to the download scheme anyway.

Best leave it alone.

Christian

just use ida and tweakmaster for better speed of download
these are very nice to me on winxp sp1.you need to configure the tweakmaster and ida as u need to use.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.