hi, i am very new to the darwin unix os. so much i wanna know if there is something like redhat's "yum" command to search and install softwares from the repository.

my second question is, for example i downloaded vnc .. when i cd to the installtion folder, i see vncinstall and Mkaefile.in ..... i simply ran "./vncinstall" but it pops bunch of directories missing. how should i install package for darwin?

when i went to the vnc website, there was linux and unix version for download, which one should i download for my MAC darwins os?

sorry but so much i want to know for my new mac. thanks very much

hi, i am very new to the darwin unix os. so much i wanna know if there is something like redhat's "yum" command to search and install softwares from the repository.

my second question is, for example i downloaded vnc .. when i cd to the installtion folder, i see vncinstall and Mkaefile.in ..... i simply ran "./vncinstall" but it pops bunch of directories missing. how should i install package for darwin?

when i went to the vnc website, there was linux and unix version for download, which one should i download for my MAC darwins os?

sorry but so much i want to know for my new mac. thanks very much

- This is what i was looking for. Thank you Guyz

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.