Hello - I would like to know if using Bootcamp requires me to backup all my files or risk losing them. I ask this because when i launch the "Boot Assistant" application it recommends that I backup my data, but on the other hand I have heard that the beauty of Boot Camp is that it doesn't require backup.

Which is correct?
Cheers

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

backup the important date is a good habit to avoiding disater

Hello - I would like to know if using Bootcamp requires me to backup all my files or risk losing them. I ask this because when i launch the "Boot Assistant" application it recommends that I backup my data, but on the other hand I have heard that the beauty of Boot Camp is that it doesn't require backup.

Which is correct?
Cheers

Well as many would state backup is essential. But this is more of a disclaimer if something happens we are not responsible for it. Can data be erase when doing this yes of course you are resizing the partition on that drive and the drive has data on it already. Did I have an issue installing this on my two intel mac's not at all.

So Katana24 take precautions and backup critical data but you most likely will not have an issue.

If you don't want to run the risk install a virtual OS using vBox, Parallels, or VMWare Fusion.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.