can someone give me a brief introductory or background about apples' snow leopard os for mac..? or just give me a link besides wikipedia.... thanks.... please tell me what makes this os 10.6 better than its predecessor and what makes it kind of unique among other os.... is there also a 10.7 released...

Recommended Answers

All 20 Replies

Its just an update to the older version of Leopard. No major updates that are absolutely essential. But if you want to do any xcode programming, you will need the latest version of OSX

10.7 is not yet available. There are rumors that it will be released this year but nothing solid yet.

Hi,

You can try the link below http://www.apple.com/macosx/ or you can read the apple guidewhen you first buy the macbook. If there are any wuestion ask me?

Regards
Roy

Dear dreand14

So far i have not heard of a version 10.7 but the new version mac osx lion is coming out soon, this year

There are different version the older one are tiger.jaguar and other else you can go and find on the internet

Dear dreand14

So far i have not heard of a version 10.7 but the new version mac osx lion is coming out soon, this year

There are different version the older one are tiger.jaguar and other else you can go and find on the internet

Have you solved your problem. There are a lot website that give a brief introduction on how to use your mac snow leopard

The difference between Leopard (10.5.?) and Snow Leopard (10.6.?) is mostly "under the hood". The user interface was hardly touched, but a lot of the old code (PPC) was replaced and the system was overhauled. There are too many sites that go into detail on the changes, including apple. The two main improvements was the size of the install and the performance of the system.
Lion ,10.7 is the new OS coming out, some say by late spring. They have seeded the first build to select developers for testing. This process can take several months and is the way Apple fine tunes their system. Word is that it will have a lot of the ios 4.? look and feel. Time will tell. Personally I hope not.

@royng: Mac OS X Lion is 10.7.
@dreand14: Please Google it. You will find a lot of briefs.

Ok ilaureano thanks for the information. I did not know that mac osx lion is actually version 10.7

Does anyone know when snow leopard will be on sale. I can't wait to but the new version and upgrade my current version 10.6.6 to 10.7

Does anyone know when snow leopard will be on sale. I can't wait to but the new version and upgrade my current version 10.6.6 to 10.7

Version Name
10.5.x Leopard
10.6.x Snow Leopard (on sale now, included with new macs)
10.7 Lion (rumors say will be on sale june/july 2011)

Ok thanks ilaureano. Are you interested in buying mac lion or upgrading your old mac to lion version when it come on sale?

Have you solved your problem? Are you more clear abou using snow leopard

Snow Leopard is the current version of the Mac Operating System, being version 10.6. If you are familiar with the previous version, Leopard, you'll see little visible difference, the main changes being to do with code efficiency and required space. When I upgraded from Leopard I found that I had over 2GB extra free disk space. One benefit from this is that applications open quicker (certainly found this with Mail).
The other important thing about Snow Leopard is that you'll need an Intel-based Mac to run it, it isn't compatible with Power PC models.
Version 10.7 (Lion) is due for release in July (latest estimate).
Hope this answers your question.

yeah, i agree with ducksoup. You have to an intel based mac as the processor if an intel core 2 duo

I'm using snow leopad on my new MBA. Honestly, I haven't noticed anything different than older OS. The retailer said the new Apps are faster on Snow Leopad, but I don't think anyone can feel in 99.9% of the time.

Still, it's no worse than its predecessors anyway.

In snow leopard, there are less bugs error thus your applications will not be corrupted easily or not responding.

Is snow leopard good i am interested to buy

it is good. i recommend you to but macbook pro or you can wait for the new version mac osx lion to come out and buy

If your problem is solved can you please mark the thread as solved. You can do that by going to the bottom. Thanks, i appreciate it.

royng, maybe you should start by giving people help about snow leopard or providing them information instead of asking the poster to marked this thread as solved.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.