Afternoon folks,

One of our Macs needs a hard drive upgrade from a 10gb to an 80gb hdd. I have never done this on a mac before and would like to know the best way to go about this. I have made an image of the HDD using Carbon Copy Cloner. My questions are these

1) when installing the new IDE HDD do i need to anything to it before loading the OS?

2) Do i need to install panther or can i just re image the drive using the image i have already made?

Any help would be greatly apreciated

gn0m3

1) when installing the new IDE HDD do i need to anything to it before loading the OS?

You will probably have to format it using Disk Utility. Make sure it's jumpers are set to Cable Select (or Slave, if your main is set to Master. Don't forget to set it back to CS or Master when you make it the primary.). Format it HFS+ Journaled.

2) Do i need to install panther or can i just re image the drive using the image i have already made?

Nope, just CCC the old onto the new.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.