OS X 10.4.5 here.

I have a simple question. In the Finder menu bar there's an 'edit' menu with a "cut" option. I have never seen an instance where that option isn't disabled.

Does anyone know why or seen an instance where the "cut" function does work in the Finder?

Thanks

Jeff

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

that feature becomes active if you are editing a block of text. For example if you hi-lite a block of text in the text edit application.

that feature becomes active if you are editing a block of text. For example if you hi-lite a block of text in the text edit application.

That is 100% correct.

But that doesn't explain why it's an option in the Finder app. There are lots of menu options in many programs and they don't all appear in the Finder app. Surely there is a reason apple included 'cut'.

this feature appears anywhere you can edit text including the finder where you can edit names of files, apps and such.

ah, good man, I guess I hadn't thought to try it on the name of an icon itself

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.