i tryed viewing the new iMac ads on apple.com , i get a pop up that says it cant find some software to run it , i tryed uninstalling and updateing but it wouldent work , it runs on my windows PC , i downloaded it and put it to my mac from my network , it is saying now that it cant find the right Compressor/codec , Any help ? , i think its the HD codec , i can get Audio , but no video

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Which ones did you download? If it's the HD one.. it should work just fine with QT 7.04 on the Mac.

Which ones did you download? If it's the HD one.. it should work just fine with QT 7.04 on the Mac.

i dont have 7.04 i have 6.5.3 , i tryed upgradeing form the website and it said i needed panther or higher , i have jaguar .

i dont have 7.04 i have 6.5.3 , i tryed upgradeing form the website and it said i needed panther or higher , i have jaguar .

Well, I'd say that's the problem then. While I can't find anything that specifically says so.. I'm guessing that QT7 is required to view the ads.

you could try buying the QT MPEG component from apple.
this may very well solve your prob. I have QT 6.5.2 and the mpeg comp and have no probs with just about everything.
running OS10.3.8.
cheers&aloha
matt

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.