I've heard that the OS Tiger software can only be downloaded three times (or, on three computers). Is this true? My friend wants to borrow my copy, but I am concerned she will "use up" my quota, since I've already downloaded the software to 2 macs.

thx

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I've heard that the OS Tiger software can only be downloaded three times (or, on three computers). Is this true? My friend wants to borrow my copy, but I am concerned she will "use up" my quota, since I've already downloaded the software to 2 macs.

Hello,

You can't download Tiger (or at least, not legally). Tiger must always be installed from a disk, which is what I think you meant to say. Tiger does not have an installation quota, however: in Tiger's EULA (End-User License Agreement), it states that you may install Tiger on 1 Licensed Apple Machine.

So although there is no limit to the number of times you can install Tiger, it would be illegal to install a copy of Tiger on more than one machine.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.