Hi,

I recently bought a used powerbook. It works but the only thing is it has the system under what I assume is the original users name so I cannot tweak the email or go into the system to change anything. My question is this, can I reset the whole thing some way to set it up for me or did I waste my money by buying a used one?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I recently bought a used powerbook. It works but the only thing is it has the system under what I assume is the original users name so I cannot tweak the email or go into the system to change anything. My question is this, can I reset the whole thing some way to set it up for me or did I waste my money by buying a used one?

When you bought the PowerBook, you *should* have been given the Tiger installation disks with it (or whatever version of OS X your PowerBook is running). If you didn't, the person who sold them either lost them or they're a greedy fathead (maybe that's a bit too strong).

Once you have the disks (you can also buy them from an Apple store if you're interested), proceed by reinstalling. If you'll forigve the biased-ness of this, follow this guide:
http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/thread54207.html

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.