i'm on a mac os 9.2 i believe and i was wondering how do you install the iPod software onto your computer......i put in the disc expecting a prompt or something like that and no......but anyway my music listening program is quicktime if that matters. Someone please help asap

i'm on a mac os 9.2 i believe and i was wondering how do you install the iPod software onto your computer......i put in the disc expecting a prompt or something like that and no......but anyway my music listening program is quicktime if that matters. Someone please help asap

iPods don't work with OS9.2, Nerd. They require iTunes 4 installed, which in turn requires Mac OSX.1.5 or later (see http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/).

i just got an ipod and my friend has a bunch of music on her computer so i gave it to her so she could put a lot on. Then when i went to apple help it said that when i connect my ipod to my computer it automatically updates the songs i have on my itunes playlist and deletes the ones i have on my ipod that aren't on my itunes playlist. So....would all the music my friend put on from her computer to my ipod be deleted once i connect my ipod to my computer?
It'd be great if somebody could help me with this, thanks.

i just got an ipod and my friend has a bunch of music on her computer so i gave it to her so she could put a lot on. Then when i went to apple help it said that when i connect my ipod to my computer it automatically updates the songs i have on my itunes playlist and deletes the ones i have on my ipod that aren't on my itunes playlist. So....would all the music my friend put on from her computer to my ipod be deleted once i connect my ipod to my computer?
It'd be great if somebody could help me with this, thanks.

well, technically, sharing your friends music would be illegal. but lets assume that it's all public domain...

your friend will not be able to delete your music. she will also not be able to copy any of it on to her machine! an ipod can only be associated with 1 computer, and has to be wiped to be connected and synced with another.

however... there are ways... google "senuti"

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.