Where is NFSU2 Save Folder in Windows Vista? I have a save that I want to change and make a backup, please help me.

Recommended Answers

All 31 Replies

some where in

c:\ users\(your username)\
c:\ doucments & settings\(your username)\

I don't have the game, but I agree with jbennet. It's probably somewhere in C:\users

Pleas iwant save need for speed underground 2

Where is NFSU2 Save Folder in Windows Vista? I have a save that I want to change and make a backup, please help me.

Well.. its in your documents folder.
Click start
Select Documents
and it should be there named as NFS underground 2 or smg.
Good Luck!
oneml

Pleas iwant save need for speed underground 2

Have you considered that most of us don't have the game? How should we know?

That said, my guess is that it saves somewhere in the program directory (so you can load saved games from multiple user accounts). Look under the Program Files directory for the NFSU directory (probably C:\Program Files\Electric Arts\NFSU2 or something) and see if it has something for saved games.

Have you considered that most of us don't have the game? How should we know?

That said, my guess is that it saves somewhere in the program directory (so you can load saved games from multiple user accounts). Look under the Program Files directory for the NFSU directory (probably C:\Program Files\Electric Arts\NFSU2 or something) and see if it has something for saved games.

Save folders are never placed in Program Files. They are Setup and program data's. In WIndows XP its in My Documents. In Vista, its in the Documents or C://users/(username)/documents/NFS...
Mostly all games do this. Try it out!

Save folders are never placed in Program Files

many games do

many games do

Well.. not the Need for Speed games atleast. I'm 100% sure about that. No question about it.

i only found out about it last nite so i hope its still helpful.

firstly you need to show hidden folders and files. then look under c:\appdata or something like that (i'm in office with xp now so i cant be sure), which is hidden by default, for the game folder. a folder with your profile name will be there.

Saved Files Can be Found In

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\NFS Underground 2

Show Hidden Files 1st :)

Enjoy

LebaneseTeam Helpers

C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Local just found it after looking at the posts

Look Bro First open My Computer press Alt+t and choose Folder Options from top Menu Bar, from there click on view menu and choose the option show hidden files and folders and click OK.

Now go to C: drive then to Users then (your account name) and then AppData is at the top then Local Folder and finally in that folder you will find Need For Speed Underground 2 Saved Games Folder. :) Enjoy Man...

ok!!! you guys i have found where it saves on WINDOWS VISTA... so you have to go to the directory of the folden (C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\NFSU2\) and in that folder which has all the setup and run the game you should see a file with a blank icon that says "Player" that is where it saves all of your accounts and usernames... so if you want to replace it with a save game or something like that this is where you would go!!

hope this helps to all of you

the nfs underground2 save folder on windows 7 & vista (C:\Users\your username\(befor this you will open the orgnize menu in the left then choose folder and search options then view and show hidden file then open AppData\Local\NFS Underground 2)
then put your save game folder.

Windows 7 (and probably Vista too):
C:\Users\$username\AppData\Local\NFS Underground 2
Get and dump your savegames there...

Greetz, Mark

after 2 yrs ,and this stupid post is still getting the same answers ,and original poster never came back to get all the answers .and over 52000 viewers ,Why are post like this still open even

commented: Makes you wonder doesn't it ;) Oh well, time for some orange paint +20

in windows 7 simply go to C drive.Then go to user and select the user name.Then double click the address bar it should look like this
C:\Users\Username .then complete it C:\Users\usrname\appdata\local .
then ull see need for speed underground 2

Just backup the entire drive, you'll get it!

must be spring ,dumb useless post, just to post a link in the signature .
get a ugggggggggggggging life

C:\Users\..user name...\AppData\Local\NFS Underground 2
;)

C:\Users\..your user name...\AppData\Local\NFS Underground 2

C:\Users\..your user name..\AppData\Local\NFS Underground 2

I have some problem to!!
I cant save my Need for SPeed Underground 2 .Im running Windows Vista 34 bit and every thing was ok. After i re insstaled my Windows the game cant be saved??(I also tryed to re instal the game it does not works)

C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Local\NFS Underground 2 first toggle show hidden folders and files like alan said...

i have windows 7 and i cant found my save folder can help me someone ??? please

The answer has been posted 10+ times in this thread. Have you bothered to read it?

C:\Users\(user name)\AppData\Local\NFS Underground 2

It s a bit more complicated because the AppData folder is hidden... I found it by chance.. but there it is.

commented: Thanks for repeating what's already been said countless times -4

C:/Users/(user name)/AppData/Local/Need for Speed Underground 2 It s a bit more complicated because the AppData folder is hidden... I found it by chance.. but there it is.

here is the exact string

C:\Users\(your username here)\AppData\Local\NFS Underground 2

if you are looking at this on how to edit it i am trying to find out as well. i just opened the save file in notepad and am not having any luck

hey save that in user directory C:\Users\username\Saved Games

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.