Ok, here is a strange problem for you guys. I just reformatted my C drive and reinstalled windows. Everything went fine. No problems there. The problem I am having is that my other drive, drive D:, is not showing up in windows now. Before the reformat it detected fine. I used the ASTRA32 program and it finds my other hard drive. Ive tried going into the bios and doing an auto detect and all of that, but still nothing. What do I do, any suggestions?

Mike

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

please! I have no idea how to fix this? Any ideas would be great...

Mike

im running XP by the way

- What version of Windows?

- Exactly where is the drive "not showing up"? On the desktop? In Device Manager? In My Computer? In the Disk Management section of your Computer Management Administrative Tool.

try looking at the jumper settings. Make sure you have the one with XP loaded on is Master w/ Slave and the older one is Slave w/ master.

If the drive shows in the Administrative tool then try allocating the drive a drive letter, if it does not have one you can see it there but can not access it.

- What version of Windows?

- Exactly where is the drive "not showing up"? On the desktop? In Device Manager? In My Computer? In the Disk Management section of your Computer Management Administrative Tool.

Due to the fact that the member who originally started this thread has not responded in almost 1 year, this thread is considered abandoned and has been closed.

In accordance with our posting rules, other members having similar problems should start their own threads and post their questions there. In order to help us help you most quickly, please include as much information about your problem as possible in your posts.

If the member who originally started this thread wishes to have the thread reopened, please send your request, including a link to this thread, to one of our moderators via email or Private Message.

Thank you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.