I use Tiny Personal Firewall. It is really easy to use, and it works fine for what i do. There are some programs that request outgoing/incoming connections. I'm not sure if i should let these progs communicate or not. If someone could let me know what these progs do, i would appreciate it. Are they safe, or are they identifying me? The progs are:svchost.exe,rundll32.exe,mstsc.exe,jview.exe,msiexec.exe. and then there is the tcip kernal driver. Any help would be appreciated The OS is XP Pro, btw.That's y i posted here.
???

I use Tiny Personal Firewall. It is really easy to use, and it works fine for what i do. There are some programs that request outgoing/incoming connections. I'm not sure if i should let these progs communicate or not. If someone could let me know what these progs do, i would appreciate it. Are they safe, or are they identifying me? The progs are:svchost.exe,rundll32.exe,mstsc.exe,jview.exe,msiexec.exe. and then there is the tcip kernal driver. Any help would be appreciated The OS is XP Pro, btw.That's y i posted here.
???

svchost.exe,rundll32.exe,mstsc.exe,jview.exe,msiexec.exe those are all ok,

heres a rule of thumb for firewalls most of the time u can allow outgoing, rarely should you allow incoming.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.