I woke up this morning and only half of my computer screen is up the other half has the "start" icon and the address bars that show what programs that I have running, it also has the time and date. My daughter was playing Webkinz last night, as she always does. Usually, I can use tthe little arrow and drop and drag the screen, but the arrows dont come up when I put the cursor there

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

As half the screen is occupied by the taskbar the resolution may have changed, open display properties(right click desktop > properties), goto settings check if the resolution has been set to 640*480 or 800*600, if so change it to 1024*768(the most commonly used resolution based on my site's visitor stats. If your resolution is or over 1024*768, a shortcut to fix the problem is to restore your computer to yesterday's settings, if it's not the resolution and you need to know how to restore the computer reply to this post.

Another possibility could be your task manager was resized to occupy half the screen...

As half the screen is occupied by the taskbar the resolution may have changed, open display properties(right click desktop > properties), goto settings check if the resolution has been set to 640*480 or 800*600, if so change it to 1024*768(the most commonly used resolution based on my site's visitor stats. If your resolution is or over 1024*768, a shortcut to fix the problem is to restore your computer to yesterday's settings, if it's not the resolution and you need to know how to restore the computer reply to this post.

Thank you for your help, however the current settings were at 1024*768. Please let me know how I can restore back to yesterdays settings.

Thank you!

Have you tried a system restore to yesterday??

Welcome to daniweb :)

I tried...I went to assesories, system tools, and restore to yesterday and I tried the day before. However, I cant see the right side of the screen. It seemed to do something as the hour glass was up for a minute but I restarted the computer and nothing....any suggestions?

can you post a screenshot?

I woke up this morning and only half of my computer screen is up the other half has the "start" icon and the address bars that show what programs that I have running, it also has the time and date.

so you can see both sides of the monitor ,one showing the taskbar the other the desktop
,right click on the half that is showing the taskbar and uncheck lock the taskbar ,then you should be able to drag it back to size .

I guess a screenshot would be needed...

let us know if you would like some instructions on how to do a screenshot.

my guess is it would look something like this ,and my guess is he'll never be back with his screen shot lol

I right clicked on the start menu then I unchecked lock the taskbar and it made the arrows to move it appear again thank you..

I was working on my Computer yesterday and the Screen suddenly wnet to half of the screen showing the time and date. I have changed something in properties. That may have also been the cause. I also

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.