I am having a little issue with one of Microsoft Office 2007 Application. Visio 2007, no matter what i do i cannot install this application. I tried the trial version, the full version everything, i keep getting an error " Microsoft Office Visio professional 2007 encountered an error during setup". I tried removing all traces of visio from the registry, remove office 2007, try to install visio by it's self, nothing work, reinstall all office 2007+patch, project 2007 + patch, web Expression+ patch, nothing seem to work. I have the full version on cd, I rip it to the HDD to give that a try, nothing. I don't want to have to format and reinstall all software on my pc just for this program, (which i really need to use). Any suggestions or tips will be greatly appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hey.

I know its a pain uninstalling and reinstalling, but try this Microsoft Utility http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/9/d/e9d80355-7ab4-45b8-80e8-983a48d5e1bd/msicuu2.exe

Its called the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility. Download and install it. Remove all Office 2007 products and reboot.

Reinstall Office, starting with Visio, then install Office 2007. Was there an error code when you got the error message?

More info on the Installer Cleanup Utility [ Here ]

yeah that is a good tool

i used it to help me install Visual Studio as the full one didnt like installing after i had used the beta

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.