This laptop seem to be over heating, can you see/hear the fan when you power on the laptop. what type of surface you have it place on when using it.

My laptop was pre-installed with Vista Home Basic and from the very first day after few hours it started freezing! Then the next day I installed Windows XP and kept for 4-5 months and XP was working fine from all ends. But I thought to get back to Vista and may be I won't face such trouble again but it started again but only in Vista!

No, I realize later that real player or windows media player is not causing any problem.

if xp doesn't give you trouble, go back to xp, wait a couple of years for vista to "stabilize" then if you want, go back to vista. lots of people have trouble with vista and its control over freezing, fans, etc.

When the temperature was 71 so it got freeze.

I noticed 1 thing very clearly that when it got freeze, 1 button got on which is just near to sleep.

I got Fujitsu Amilo Pro v3515 and if you see the button which gets green is Z and it's inside the round shape. When the laptop got freeze, the next button to Z got green on which 1 arrow mark is there.

What's that? Can any one please explain that to me what's that? I am sure we are just near to solve the problem :)

I just downloaded manual and read that the icon I was mentioning is battery charging indicator. I have noticed for the first time that button got on when it freeze. It's good if I wait and see again when it freeze. Once it freeze again and if the battery charging indicator lights up then I will let you know so to find the solution would be easier.

71 Degrees C is quite high. Most ideal temperatures should really be below 60 Degrees C. So i am thinking that this is most defiantly a cooling issue. I would think about getting one of the passive cooling laptop rests. You sit your laptop on it, and the fans in the rest sucks all the hot air away and provides cooler air. I have seen them about, but are not sure exactly how they work.

When the temperature was 71 so it got freeze.

I noticed 1 thing very clearly that when it got freeze, 1 button got on which is just near to sleep.

I got Fujitsu Amilo Pro v3515 and if you see the button which gets green is Z and it's inside the round shape. When the laptop got freeze, the next button to Z got green on which 1 arrow mark is there.

What's that? Can any one please explain that to me what's that? I am sure we are just near to solve the problem :)

I just downloaded manual and read that the icon I was mentioning is battery charging indicator. I have noticed for the first time that button got on when it freeze. It's good if I wait and see again when it freeze. Once it freeze again and if the battery charging indicator lights up then I will let you know so to find the solution would be easier.

That does not sound good! If i were u, i'd RMA the notebook to Fujitsu and get a new one, and if the new one has a problem, buy a cooling pad for it. That is all i can think of for now. Good luck!!!

is there anything in the event log to show if anything is not happy with your system
right click on mycomputer and click computer management, then click on event viewer.

Event log shows many stuff. What you want me to paste here? :)

Also I am planning to send my laptop to Dubai with someone who can show give to the company and get fixed. As now it got freeze at temperature 76 C
It also makes sound like "boooooooo" "boooooooooooooo" when I open any explorer or any software, etc.

It might be the problem of processor, fan or mother board.

I will send my laptop without the hard drive to Dubai. I got 1 bill which states the date of purchase and warranty paper in which it's not mentioning about my laptop serial or anything but just a normal information warranty paper so I think that bill which shows the date of purchase of laptop is the proof that 1 year isn't over. So I just need to send laptop without hard drive + warranty paper + bill right? As I cannot send my hard drive as it contains lot of data which I cannot share with anyone.

I will need to instruct the person (who is taking the laptop to Dubai) about the problems of laptop which it's creating for me right?

not sure if they will take it with outthe hdd ,why not get the data backed up first ,the hdd could actually be the problem with the laptop

Ah, you are right. Then I must take backup in other hard disk and then send it :)

Hey guys, I solved the problem. The problem was with my laptop and Vista. I just installed Windows XP and installed that fan too and it shows maximum 38 C!!!

And in Vista it used to show max 76 C!

It's working so nicely :D
I am happy with it now. Won't send back to Dubai for repair as it will take many days.

Thank you very much everyone who tried their best to help me and I really got good knowledge out of every suggestion of yours :)

Once again thank you very much all of you :)

Another Issue solved.
Hope it works well from now on :)

commented: Must be in support team of daniweb. Thanks man :) +1

real player is rubbish lol

commented: agree!! +1

real player is rubbish lol

i must have missed something! but i do agree ,

That was at the beginning Bennet, it had nothing to do with that in the end. Windows Media Player for the world!

Funwadi, if your problem has been solved, please mark this thread as solved, so that people don't randomly spam answers in here :P

Oh, I saw that option now. Thanks Serunson :)

commented: congrats on getting your problem solved +1

congrats on getting your problem solved funwadi!!!

congrats on getting your problem solved funwadi!!!

Thank you so much forumdude :)

you're welcome!!

I think the problem still exists :(

Now Windows XP is installed and I am not facing any Windows Media Player or Real Player error but Windows XP freeze too!
I have just now started laptop again and opened the SpeedFan software where it shows like this:-

HD0: 37C
(fire sign) Temp1: 54C
(fire sign) Core 0: 63C
(fire sign) Core 1: 64C

Above I have mentioned fire sign so the sign of fire is shown that's why I have written.

Can any one please explain to me that whether my laptop is still getting over heated?

:(

When I open Speed Fan it shows this too:-

Win9x:NO 64Bit:NO GiveIO:YES SpeedFan:YES
I/O properly initialized
Linked ISA BUS at $0290
Linked VIA VT8237A SMBUS at $4100
Scanning ISA BUS at $0290...
Scanning VIA SMBus at $4100...
Address $30 appears to be WRITE ONLY...
SMART Enabled for drive 0
Found ST9120822AS (120.0GB)
Found ACPI temperature (60.8C)
End of detection

When I use to open this software in Windows Vista, so it gives just this

And in Windows XP it shows

Are both result same? This is really sad when it freeze :(

these temps are within range. but maybe your fan is not working efficiently. check the fans, this is why the PC freezes.

Alright. I will try to find Fujitsu Siemens shop authorized dealer in my country by tomorrow and if it exists here in Pakistan, I will go to them tomorrow itself or I will send it to Dubai.

I will get back to you guys once the problem is solved till that time I won't be using my laptop anymore.

Hopefully only fan is having problem and not the processor or it will take time to get fixed as I need to do lots of work daily.

i also feel that i have bag with my CPU temp ... (((

When I open Speed Fan it shows this too:-

Win9x:NO 64Bit:NO GiveIO:YES SpeedFan:YES
I/O properly initialized
Linked ISA BUS at $0290
Linked VIA VT8237A SMBUS at $4100
Scanning ISA BUS at $0290...
Scanning VIA SMBus at $4100...
Address $30 appears to be WRITE ONLY...
SMART Enabled for drive 0
Found ST9120822AS (120.0GB)
Found ACPI temperature (60.8C)
End of detection

When I use to open this software in Windows Vista, so it gives just this

And in Windows XP it shows

Are both result same? This is really sad when it freeze :(

This is not a good thing. You must feel bad, and i know how you feel. i have the same problems with my tight midtower desktop from hp, and it drives me crazy!! I think this is results of poor manufacturing. Check for dust, and buy a notebook chill pad. Unfortunately, this is the only way to go:(

I have sensor view pro installed in my laptop and it shows hard disk temperature from 35-40 C and CPU temperature from 62-64 C.

Both above temperature is there after the company people are telling we have fixed it and I said them you haven't because before hard disk temperature was the same and even CPU temperature is coming same and only the difference is before it was showing from 65-76 C and now 62-64 C.

I gave the laptop back to them to fix now blue screen problem. Do you think the temperature of both is normal or I should contact someone big in that company and I can do that to get it properly fixed because I got warranty till 09-09-2008.

Me being a complainer at heart, i would go for someone at the top, like a CEO or a director. Send them a letter/email explaining your issues and mention that the service has been bad and my problem is not fixed, and i want it fixed now sort of thing.

those temps are a bit high but within normal ranges

Funwadi, is this model available at a store near you?? If so, check them out, and see their temps. if their temps are high, then nothing is wrong with your pc. my notebook cpu (core 2 duo t5250 @1.5ghz) runs 50 C idle and up to 70 C load, and that is normal for my notebook. adding a chill pad reduced temps by 5-15 C idle/load!!

I will check out for the same model in market and let you know guys.
Also I will buy cooling pad for my laptop which can help reducing the temperature.

Once the laptop is fixed, I will let you know the exact situation :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.